Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which HANA certification will support Developer Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm a web developer (PHP).

I'm interested in HANA Developer. But when I checked certification path, I couldn't find any specific certification for HANA Developer.

Should I get certified as HANA Technical Associate?

Please help me to suggest suitable certification (Application Associate or Technical associate) to continue my career as HANA Developer (Native application)

I hate JAVA , so I don't want to become HANA Cloud application developer.

I'm really confused about choosing the right certification and career with HANA?

Hope some one understands what I'm trying to say and give me suggestions

Regards,

Kavashagr M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I recently cleared SAP HANA Technical Certification 1.0 SPS5.

Please follow below link if you are attending for Technology certification.

http://training.sap.com/v2/certification/c_hanatec_1-sap-certified-technology-associate---sap-hana-1...

Total No. of Questions: 80

Cutoff score is 48 questions (60%)

Total duration is 3hrs.

I have mentioned below questions asked in each topic:

Questions on Installation : 09
Questions on Data Provisioning : 10

Questions on Security & Authorization : 21

Questions on System Architecture Implementation : 21

Questions on System Architecture Design : 19

Regards,

Joseph (JC).

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to go for Application Associate Certificate as Technical Certificate is for those who will install HANA, design system architecture and implement it while

Application Certificate is basically for those who will be develeoping models and other stuff in HANA Studio

PHP works very well with HANA and you can check this link for you

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/hana/blog/2013/01/21/php-rocks-on-sap-hana-too

Knowledge of Java is needed only when you use HANA XS otherwise knowledge of SQL and SQL Script is more than enough

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks bro , since i'm new to HANA world just asking this out of curiosity , who is likely to get more pay (application consultant or Technical consultant).

Also where does the developer role fit in , in application certification or technical certification.

thanks for your time bro.

regards,

Kavashgar M

+65-84886943

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pay depends on your work experience and how you handle your interview and you can always negotiate with company HR

As you are a PHP developer so it might help you if you go for Application Certificate

Technical Certificate is basically for Basis guys

The technology is new and you can find many job opportunities in coming months as lots of Projects are going to start in India in later half of the year

Developer role fits in Application certificate

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavashgar,

Application Associate certification (C_HANAIMP_1) is related to modeling and implementation.

Technical Associate certification (C_HANATEC_1) is related to administration and operations.

So the developer/modeler role fits into SAP Certified Application Associate.

Please refer to the link for more details in the country you are staying(Singapore).

https://training.sap.com/sg/en/curriculum/hana_sg-sap-hana-sg/

Wish you all the best

Regards

Raj